Learn everything you need to know about digital sales and why they are important for your business.
As technology rapidly changes and expands, keeping up with the best business practices in the digital world can feel overwhelming. More and more, however, the digital world is influencing consumer purchases. When your prospects can simply see ads and buy products online from their couches, there’s no reason for them to seek out other options. If you want to win the sales game, you need a keen understanding of the digital marketplace—and fast.
In this article, we’ll explore what digital sales are and how they can increase revenue, revolutionize your business, and improve your sales cycle.
What are digital sales?
Digital sales are sales that take place through virtual channels. There are multiple ways digital sales manifest, but all are online and most allow the customer to navigate their own way through content (rather than being personally guided by a sales rep).
Examples of digital selling
Digital selling takes place via a variety of common online channels, including:
- Websites. Having a landing page where customers can click through and learn about your products or services is vital. Enabling your customers to order online is a great way to make buying fast and easy. You can also provide a form where potential customers sign up for regular email updates. This keeps prospects on the hook even if they’re not ready to buy at first glance.
- Email. Having a regular promotional newsletter is a great way to keep customers informed about what you’re up to next. Offering special discounts and offers can compel customers to buy. All emails should have clickable links that take prospects back to your landing page or your main source of online content.
- Social media. There are currently over 1.5 billion social media users across the globe. Thus, it’s very important to have a consistent and engaging social media presence. Potential customers already spend hours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other popular platforms. It’s smart to engage them where they already are.
- Targeted ads. Developing ads specifically targeted to your customer base is a savvy business decision. With digital marketing, you can focus on people who fit your buyer personas and are more likely to be interested in what you’re selling. This eliminates wasted time and resources marketing to a broader, less interested audience.
- Chat bots. You can automate chat bots on your website to answer FAQs and guide customers towards particular outcomes. This is a great way to provide interactive customer experiences that don’t use up your sales reps’ time—after all, your reps have better things to do than explain the basics.
Why are digital sales important?
Digital sales are important because they help you meet customers where they are—in the digital world. These days, people assume they can find any product or service digitally. Thus, it’s essential for your business to cultivate a robust presence in the digital marketplace in order to meet the needs of the current consumer and improve your sales funnel.
Here are some additional reasons why understanding and mastering digital sales is so important.
- Digital sales and marketing strategies means a higher ratio of inbound leads, which 59 percent of marketers say are higher-quality leads than outbound.
- With a carefully crafted online presence, you have total control over your company’s pitch and branding on your online platform and landing page. (And did you know that using a signature color can increase your brand recognition by 80 percent?)
- If you actively track visitor data, you’ll have access to a treasure trove of insights based on the analytics of how people interact with your website, social media, and other business pages.
- For B2C sales, a well-designed website means customers can peruse and purchase your product at home. This also expands your potential customer base by making your business more accessible to anyone with mobility issues or anyone who can’t make time to leave their home.
How to adapt to the digital sales transformation
Working it out, together
Learn the importance of uniting your sales and service teams in this webinar.